“Sketches" © por Pérez
As I look through your art work
I see that it was never really work
It was your heart and through these sketches
Your heart beats on, I feel your warmth again
I shed tears as your physical absence is felt
I shed tears as your eternal spirit consoles me
I love you Mama
And I miss you miss Mama
Your joy and happiness are all over these pages
A woman of great talent and love
A woman whose earthly shortcomings only made
Her qualities shine brighter
My tears make me remove my glasses
Thus drawing me closer to your pad
It makes sense that things should
Grow clearer as one draws nearer
O great inspirer, O wondrous cheerleader
You believed in me more than you believed in yourself
Your gifts, your enduring legacy will only grow
I promise you right now that it will always be so
This is my pledge, my manifesto
The pursuit of your dreams I will never let go
----o----
“Misa de Mami” © por Pérez
A night moonlit full
Beams illuminating the palms
A timeless Cuban
Sky is what I gaze upon
Babies are born
And mothers die
Tears still flow
Though my face is dry
I bear witness to
Your legacy of love unlimited
As the breeze blows
On a night of beauty primitive
Two years ago tonight
My legs gave out underneath me
As the pain of your
Death weighed down greatly upon me
Times have been good
Moments have been bad
Though I still miss you
Your gift of love keeps me glad
So Mama, on this night
When the moon shines full and bright
I say "I love you" and to you,
Daddy, Baby, and Mimi, I wish good night
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment