“Sleeping Hillary”© por hassan Pérez
Another night in the local internet bar
From my home it’s not very far
I with my p.c.
Feel like I am committing heresy
I was actually recognized as I entered
I guess that’s bound to happen since I read some of my poetry
At the spoken word thing up the street
(But I had trouble keeping my beat)
Young pseudoprogressive, very liberal damsel
From me not more than 6 feet
Has, in front of her scribble pad and ear buds,
Fallen fast asleep
“Wake the town and tell the people”
URoy in my ears but I’d love to hear him from a church steeple
Random thoughts, it is getting late
Her head falling deeper into her chest
And Hillary Clinton is still not awake
Flips flops and rust-coloured whiskers
Loud chatter all around but I feel obigated to keep my thoughts to a whisper
What I would I be doing if I were in Miami right now?
No doubt avoiding a love puddle as I reach for another towel
Forgive me if that is T.M.I. tonight
But no one ever really pays attention to what i write
“Some light it hot and some like it cold”
Listening to the cool-cool sounds of Dennis Brown never gets old
Whatever I work I came here to do will not get done
Because with tapping and clicking and sipping I am having just enough fun
To keep myself distracted, I who sometimes sees himself as multifaceted
But the qualities of those facets remains in doubt like the comedic legacy of Buddy Hacket
“I hear the words of the Higher Man say, ‘Babylon, throne gwon down’ ….”
I wonder why someone witnesses of the ‘good news’ wear a frown….
“Moses, struck the rock and brought forth water; I open my mouth and bring to you another scorcher”
I guess this place can’t be THAT fly because it does not appear to be under surveillance by the FBI
But then again it may be, we all are, so why even think that lie?
Random thoughts, it is getting late
Her slobber drooling onto her chest
And Hillary Clinton is still not awake
